Friday 4 January 2013

Day 4

Weight: 124.3
BMI: 32.4
Loss: 2.7kg
Thoughts: No counting of foetal poultry occurring.

Last year I bought a set of scales that really take no crap. With ye olde fashionede mechanical scales, there is a certain amount of liberal interpretation that can be applied:

"Hmm. Well the little pointery thing is between 7 and 8. So let's say it's 7. But I may not have zeroed it correctly. So let's call it 5. Hurrah! Another stone lost!"

These new scales are frankly bloody terrifying. Once they warm up, you have to stand still for about 5 seconds. And they tolerate no amount of dicking about (I tried. God knows I tried...) And just to make matters more insulting, they then FLASH your weight at you. Bluntness bordering on the rude, quite frankly. So imagine my surprise at the fact I had lost that much!

Be that as it may, I am aware that early weight loss is always a bit more. However, a promising start.

Over the past two days, I have been back at work (more on that later). I actually ended up taking in more food than I usually do. A big problem of mine is the fact I seem to have a blind spot for 12 hour shifts, and generally think just one meal will be fine. Then after about 9 hours, I start wanting something to eat, and end up buying a sheep in batter or something equally unwholesome.

I have also started monitoring what I eat a little more, using the My Fitness Pal app. Having set myself a daily calorie count of 1500 calories, it is quite terrifying. Between that and my scales, I think that my electronics are ganging up on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment